Purdue Extension Crops Field Day
September 05, 2019
West Lafayette, IN
Crops Field Day is scheduled to begin with check-in at 7:30 a.m. (EDT) and conclude at 1:30 p.m. The day’s program is as follows:
* 8 a.m. – Welcome from Jason Henderson, director of Purdue Extension and associate dean of agriculture, and Karen Plaut, the Glenn W. Sample Dean of Purdue’s College of Agriculture.
* 8:15 a.m. – 2019 Weather Update with state climatologist Beth Hall.
* 9 a.m. – Learning stations at various on-site locations featuring:
“UAVs: More to See and Learn” by John Scott, Extension coordinator for digital agriculture.
“Field Crops Disease Update for 2019” with Darcy Telenko, plant pathology specialist for Purdue Extension.
Steven Boyer, superintendent of Northeast-Purdue Ag Center, will discuss his experiences with drainage and installing field tile.
“Update on Hemp Production in Indiana,” with Ron Turco, Purdue professor of agronomy and department head.
“Handling and Storing an Immature Corn Crop and its Implications on Safety”,” with Bill Field, Purdue professor of agricultural and biological engineering, and retired Purdue Extension educator Mike Manning.
* 11:30 a.m. – Lunch.
* 12:15 p.m. – 1 p.m. – “Commodity Marketing: Basis, Market Carry, and Returns to Storage for the 2019 Crop” with Nathanael Thompson, Purdue assistant professor of agricultural economics.
* 1–1:30 p.m. – 70 Years of Agronomic Progress at the Agronomy Farm.
Private Applicator Recertification Program (PARP), continuing education units (CEU) and continuing certification hours (CCH) credits have been applied for. Participants wanting to receive PARP credit must pay a $10 fee (cash or check only).
For more info, contact Westfall at 219-984-5115 or email@example.com.
Visit event's website
Print this page