2020 Overholt Drainage School
March 09 - March 12, 2020
Fairfield County Ag Center 831 College Avenue, Lancaster, OH
The 2020 Overholt Drainage School will be held in Lancaster, OH at the Fairfield Agricultural Center from March 9 to 12.
The four-day program will provide continuing education for land improvement contractors, soil and water conservation technicians, farmers, engineers, consultants, sanitarians, and others.
Topics will include:
- Agricultural subsurface drainage: System design, layout and installation
- Drainage water management: Controlled drainage system design, layout and installation
- Applications for water management, drainage water harvesting
- Water quality improvement practices for Midwest agricultural drainage
- Issues with nitrogen and phosphorus
- Benefits for water quality and crop yields
- Water management zones, mains, lateral spacing
- Layout examples and exercises
- WTC structure installation
- Wood-chip bioreactors, phosphate filters
- Blind surface inlets and
- Buffers with controlled drainage.
Pre-registration is required. Submit registration form with payment before the deadline of March 6. Registration includes: tuition, lunches, refreshments, materials, supplies, manuals, engineer’s scale, and certificate of completion as appropriate for each day.
Bring calculator and pencils. If possible bring draft designs, as-built drawings to share with instructors and participants.
Confirmations, directions, and hotel list will be emailed upon receipt of registration and payment. There is a partial refund if cancellation is made by March 5.
Visit event's website
Print this page