Individuals who make a living from agriculture either as a primary producer or working in the industry are eligible to apply for the 2022 Nuffield scholarship.
Bursaries are open to individuals living and/or working in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Germany, Japan, Kenya, the U.S. and Zimbabwe. Bursaries are valued at $25,000 USD. Applications officially opened last Monday, and close Friday, Oct. 22. Interviews will take place between Oct. 25 and Nov. 19, with recipients announced Dec. 6.
Available scholarships for 2022 include:
- TIAA-CREF Global Agriculture Scholarship for farmers and ag businesses professionals in the U.S., Brazil and Chile, with general themes related to:
- Regenerative agriculture and other innovative ways to promote sustainable yields while reducing the use of inputs technology and data driven solutions to measure carbon sequestration;
- Strategies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and adapt to the demand for carbon-neutral operations;
- Climate change scenarios, physical risks and impacts on agriculture yields;
- Exploring models to identify, measure and value natural capital;
- Impacts of institutional investment in farmland;
- Public policy and transition risk in agriculture;
- Diversity and inclusion in agriculture; and
- Managing risk in a more volatile production environment.
- Bayer Scholarship for farmers and agribusiness professionals from the U.S., Brazil and Kenya. Women and small-scale farmers are strongly encouraged to apply. Topics should relate to:
- New technology in agriculture, including biotechnology, biologicals, digitalisation and/or gene editing;
- Carbon sequestration;
- Sustainability through digital tools;
- Soil health; and
- Climate change mitigation and agriculture.
- PSP Investments scholarship fir farmers and agribusiness professionals from the U.S. and Latin America.
- California scholarship for farmers and agricultural professionals living and working in the state of California.
- Mid-Atlantic Region scholarship for farmers and agricultural professionals living and working in Delaware, southeast Pennsylvania, eastern and central Maryland and the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia.
- Iowa scholarship, for farmers or agricultural professionals living and working in the state of Iowa.
- North Carolina scholarship, for farmers or agricultural professionals living and working in the State of North Carolina.
Other scholarships are available contingent upon receiving investor support. Click here for more information on scholarships and requirements.
Print this page